The Real Estate Almanac Process
First Round: Organization
We look at leaders, predominantly CEOs, of organizations that meet the following initial criteria:
- Brokerage companies with more than $3.0 billion in annual sales, 10,000 annual transactions or 500 agents.
- Technology companies with at least 1,000 broker clients, 50,000 licensed agent users, $30 million in revenue, 100 employees, $20 million in funding or two or more enterprise client relationships (e.g. national franchise, qualifying association).
- State associations with more than with 100,000 members, local associations with more than 20,000 members, or MLS organizations with more than 40,000 members.
Second Round: Activities
During this round we review each executive/leader and, when available, evaluate the following information:
- The office he or she currently holds and the decision-making power of said office.
- His or her tenure in the industry.
- The size of the individual’s organization (sales volume, offices, agent count, number of clients, etc.).
- The financial resources of the organization.
- The organization’s significance and impact in the residential real estate brokerage industry.
- Activities, acquisitions or other initiatives the individual led or was involved in 2019.
- Other industry-wide activities, such as association board of directors.
- The individual’s personal power and influence outside his or her organization.
Third Round: Future Impact
We consider the individual and company’s initiatives, planned or announced that are realistically expected to occur in the foreseeable future. We try to ascertain the significance of these actions. We also, acknowledge appointments, promotions and retirements announced up to the release of the SP200.
Leaders are placed into one of the following categories according to their primary activities and responsibilities as we understand them to be:
In addition, we identify leaders in the following unique groups. They all are powerful and influential, and have not yet made it to the main SP200 list, but we believe they deserve more than just an honorable mention. These leaders have been included on one of three SP2019 Bonus Lists: